Saturday, March 16, 2013

My New Blog & Sour Cream Noodle Bake

So I have been wanting to create a blog that I can post fun things about...not necessarily personal like my other Family Blog.  I love the idea of putting all my favorite recipes on here as I have been trying to cook more for my family instead of eating out a million times a month.  With 5 kiddos...that gets crazy expensive!  I so amazed by all the fun recipes out there on Pinterest and other's blogs.

So here I go....

I have some amazing memories of HS....go Parkie South!!  I met some of my most amazing friends that I still cherish to this day.   Well one of my most fond memories were our Spring Break trips....and one of those trips was down to Destin, FL my sophmore year.  During that trip I was introduced to Sour Cream Noodle Bake!  I was just recently brought back to memory lane in my venture to start actually cooking for my family instead of just relying on the big guy each night.

If you haven't tried this....AMAZEBALLS is all I can say!  And sooooo darn simple.  Plus a huge bonus was the fact that ALL of my kids love this dish.  Which is very hard to say...I have quite a few picky ones!

You will start with a few simple ingredients....I happened to actually have all of these on hand :)
Egg Noodles, Sour Cream, Cottage Cheese, Tomato Sauce, Cheese (I used Colby & Monterey Jack...but you can also use Cheddar) & Ground Turkey (or Ground Beef) 



   Brown your ground turkey in a pan 
 

Once ground turkey is complete...add tomato sauce
Be sure to add salt & pepper into your meat mixture


While the meat is browning...go ahead and cook your egg noodles


In a seperate bowl, mix the cottage cheese & sour cream together
Add a bunch of ground pepper to this mixture as well to give it some good flavor!


When the noodles are complete....drain and then add the cottage cheese/sour cream mixture to the pan
Mix real well


Grease a 9x13 pan...in this case we were delivering to my Sister In Law so I used a disposable pan
Put half the noodles/sour cream mixture down first
Then put half the meat mixture down spread evenly over the noodles
Take your cheese of choice and spead 1/2 cup over this layer
Repeat Noodles, Meat Mixture, Cheese


Place in the 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and enjoy this yummy goodness!!



Recipe - Sour Cream Noodle Bake
(Inspired by Katie Konrad Ingenbohs & Pioneer Woman)

Ingredients
  • 1-1/4 lb Ground Turkey (or Ground Beef)
  • 1 can 15 oz Tomato Sauce
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Ground Pepper
  • 8 oz weight Egg Noodles
  • 1/2 cup Sour Cream
  • 1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
  • 1-1/2 cup Grated Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese
Instructions
Preheat Oven 350 degrees
9x13 pan

Brown the ground turkey in a large skillet, drain if needed, add tomato sauce.   Add salt & pepper.  Stir & simmer while preparing other items

Cook egg noodles, drain & set aside

In separate bowl, combine sour cream & cottage cheese.   Be sure to add lots of pepper to taste.  Add to noodles & stir.

Assembly - add half the noodle mixture to the 9x13 pan.   Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the cheese.   Repeat - noodles, meat mixture and a layer of cheese
Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted nicely on top.

Check out this recipe & many others on Recipe Magic 

ENJOY!!


ERIN



No comments:

Post a Comment